Wirecast from Telestream is a live video streaming production tool that allows Mac and Windows users to create live or on-demand broadcasts for the web.
Wirecast works like a video switcher, controlling real-time switching between multiple live video cameras, while dynamically mixing in other source media, such as QuickTime movies, music, audio and slides to create professional broadcast productions for live or on-demand distribution on the web.
Wirecast – Turn your computer into a TV studio:
- Full scale video production studio for your desktop or laptop computer
- Capture live video from multiple cameras & control switching between cameras
- Import pre-recorded video, audio, graphics and slides
- Picture in picture – enables viewers to see multiple sources, including the presenter/host
- Chroma key, 3D graphics & transitions – enable creation of professional quality webcasts
- Stream live and/or record to disk for on-demand viewing
- Encode to popular streaming formats (Flash, Windows Media & QuickTime)
- Simultaneous encoding to multiple bit rates – for a variety of quality choices
- Support for multiple cameras
- Support for DVI/VGA feed input
- Chroma key (blue/green screen)
- Scene transitions
- Built-in lower-third titling
- Desktop Presenter – makes Macintosh or Windows Desktop available as a source
- 3D Graphics
- Simple User interface
- QuickTime Streaming Server Support
- Keynote Integration
- Multiple Layers
- Multiple Broadcast Support, when ready to go live, it provides direct integration with a number of streaming service providers.
- A direct integration with Limelight Networks, adds support for Flash streaming
- Adds a built-in streaming service access from Justin.tv Ustream.